The first Masses were celebrated on June 28, 1953. We continue to celebrate the anniversary of St. Ann Parish on the weekend closest to June 28th with an ice cream social following the 11:30am Mass. Parish Council sponsors and serves the parish at this social.
Archbishop Karl J. Alter, on June 22, 1953, appointed Father James N. Lunn to organize a parish in the Groesbeck area.
It was to be named St. Ann after a church that served well the West End of Cincinnati from 1866 to 1938.