If working with a funeral home, the funeral home will assist with these arrangements.
1. Call the Parish Office 513-521-8440 to schedule the funeral Mass.
2. We will get in touch with the family contact to schedule a time to plan the funeral liturgy.
- Eulogies are not permitted during the Mass (General Instruction of the Roman Missal #382). Because this is a general directive, St. Ann cannot allow eulogies within the liturgy; no exceptions.
- Words of remembrance (eulogy) are allowed and most appropriate at the cemetery or reception.
- St. Ann will provide readers for the funeral liturgy (readings and intercessions).
- We do not currently offer programs for the funeral Mass; most funeral homes provide this service.
3. The parish guidelines, as well as 1st and 2nd readings, psalm, and music options, are available by clicking here: St. Ann’s Funeral Planning Booklet The booklet is laid out in a double-sided print format (flip on short edge). If you are not going to print the document, the page numbers will make the booklet easier to follow. Click here to see intercession options.
“For if we believe that Jesus died and rose, so too will God, through Jesus, bring with him those who have fallen asleep. Indeed, we tell you this, on the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will surely not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself, with a word of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God, will come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17