If working with a funeral home, the funeral home will assist with these arrangements.
1. Call the Parish Office 513-521-8440 to schedule the funeral Mass.
2. Our Music Director will contact you to set up a time to discuss the readings and music for the Funeral Mass.
- Eulogies are not permitted during the Mass (General Instruction of the Roman Missal #382). St. Ann does not permit eulogies before or after the Mass – no exceptions, so please don’t ask.
- Words of remembrance (eulogy) are allowed and most appropriate at the cemetery or reception.
- During the pandemic, for the safety of all involved, St. Ann will provide readers for the funeral liturgy (readings and intercessions) – no one is allowed in the sanctuary for health reasons.
3. The parish guidelines, as well as reading and music options, are available by clicking here: St. Ann’s Funeral Planning Booklet The booklet is laid out in a double-sided print format (flip on short edge). If you are not going to print the document, the page numbers will make the booklet easier to follow.
“For if we believe that Jesus died and rose, so too will God, through Jesus, bring with him those who have fallen asleep. Indeed, we tell you this, on the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will surely not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself, with a word of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the trumpet of God, will come down from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Thus we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17