The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is the process by which non-Catholic adults learn about the Catholic Church and gradually become full members. Initiation into any full-fledged career takes place in stages, and so it is with the Catholic Church. R.C.I.A. is a learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart brings you to Jesus Christ who is our Lord and Savior.
Participants from past R.C.I.A. classes have come from many different backgrounds, yet all have a common interest in learning more about the Catholic faith. They are responding to God’s invitation to seek Him and find happiness in Him.
RCIA is a Journey of Faith
• through the initial stages of asking questions and seeking God’s will
• through hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection on the Word of God
• through study and discussion about the Catholic experience
• through doubts and hesitations
• through discernment of God’s call for them as individuals
The R.C.I.A. is for adults who:
• are interested in learning more about the Catholic faith
• want to become Catholic
• have never been baptized
• have been baptized in another Christian denomination yet are interested in the Catholic faith
• are baptized Catholics who have not yet received Confirmation or Eucharist
If you are interested in learning more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.